Kurs & Likviditet
|Lista||First North Stockholm|
|2022-04-29||Ordinarie utdelning BIOSGN 0.00 SEK|
Tuesday, August 31, 2021: Biosergen AB ("Biosergen" or the "Company") thereby publishes the interim report for the second quarter 2021. The interim report is available as an attached document and on the company website (www.biosergen.net)
Biosergen AB was registered in February 2021. On April 16, 2021, the company acquired Biosergen AS with the subsidiary Select Pharma PTY LTD and formed the group with Biosergen AB as parent company. As the company is new there are no comparative figures.
Summary of the Interim Report for Q2 2021
Consolidated group evenue 0
Consolidated group loss before depreciation -12,544 TSEK
Consolidated group loss before net financials -12,544 TSEK
Consolidated net result -12,555 TSEK
Consolidated earnings per share (EPS) -0.78 SEK
- On June 27, 2021, Biosergen announced that the United States Food and Drug Administration (the "FDA") has granted BSG005, the Company's groundbreaking antifungal drug of the polyene macrolide class, Orphan Drug status in the United States.
- On June 23, 2021, Biosergen announced that the Company has been approved for listing on Nasdaq First North Growth Market. The first day of trading will be June 24, 2021.,
- On June 8, Biosergen confirmed that its IPO had been successfully executed, raising a gross amount of approximately SEK 50 million. In the event that the investor warrants allocated to the new shares issued are exercised in full during the period from May 30, 2022 through June 10, 2022, the company may receive additional net proceeds from the offering of up to SEK 100 million.
- On May 18, 2021, the Board of Directors of Biosergen decided to conduct a rights issue of shares supported by an authorization granted at the General Meeting. The rights issue comprised of up to 5,000,000 offer units, each consisting of one new share at a subscription price of SEK 10 and a warrant with the exercise price of SEK 20 to be exercised during the period from May 30, 2022 through June 10, 2022.
- On May 4, 2021, the board of directors resolved on an issue by way of set-off to Östersjöstiftelsen in order to improve the Company's financial position. The Company's share capital was increased with SEK 19,923,575 through an issue of 796,943 shares.
- In April, the Company acquired all the shares in Biosergen AS through an issue in kind where the Company's share capital was increased with SEK 1,115,241.6 through an issue of 22,304,832 shares.
- On August 24, 2021, Biosergen AB announced that it has received positive feed back from the Australian regulatory authorities on the application to initiate a phase I study in Australia of the Company's proprietary antifungal drug candidate BSG005. With the approval, Biosergen is ready to conduct its First in Man clinical trial with BSG005.
The Financial report can be found on our website: https://biosergen.net/investors/filings
For further information about Biosergen, please contact:
Dr. Peder M. Andersen, CEO
Telephone: +45 2080 2470
Erik Penser Bank
Telefon: +46 8 463 8000
This information is such information that Biosergen AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication on August 31, 2021.
Biosergen is a No-Research-Development-Only biotechnology company that employs all its organisational and financials resources on the clinical development of BSG005. BSG005 is a potentially disruptive antifungal drug with blockbuster potential based on significant safety and potency advantages over competing antifungals, including Amphotericin B, in more than a decade of preclinical studies. The research behind BSG005 and its unique properties has been documented in over 20 peer reviewed scientific papers. Biosergen initially aims BSG005 towards invasive fungal infections that claim the lives of hundreds of thousands of immune-compromised AIDS-, cancer- and transplant patients every year. At equal dose levels BSG005 shows a three-to-fourfold potency advantage against relevant fungal strains compared to current standards of care, while being completely free of the kidney toxicity hampering other drugs in its class. The Company is also developing BSG005 Nano where the drug is packed in special nano particles to specifically target the lung, often the first affected organ in an invasive fungal infection. BSG005 Nano Oral is an extension of BSG005 Nano. An oral formulation would greatly increase the usefulness, particularly as a prophylactic and as home treatment after transplants or cancer treatment to prevent invasive fungal infection. Biosergen has applied for orphan drug status for BSG005 and expects to file the NDA by the end of 2025.